Tavaly magyar diákok is nyertek ösztöndíjat!!!
Dr. Anita Borg (1949–2003)
Anita Borg (1949–2003) believed that technology affects all aspects of our economic, political, social and personal lives. A technology rebel with a cause, in her life she fought tirelessly to ensure that technology’s impact would be a positive one. It was this vision that inspired Anita in 1997 to found the Institute for Women and Technology. Today this organization continues on her legacy and bears her name, The Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology (www.anitaborg.org).
Dr. Anita Borg proposed the “50/50 by 2020” initiative, so that women earning computing degrees would be 50% of the graduates by year 2020. However, the percentage of Computer Science degrees earned by women is still far from 50% throughout the world.
As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to furthering Anita’s vision, we are pleased to announce The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Through the scholarship, we aim to encourage women to excel in computing and technology, and become active role models and leaders in this field.
Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a € 7,000 (or equivalent) award for the 2014-2015 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background, passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science, and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend an annual Google networking retreat in 2014.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a female student currently enrolled at a university for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship is a global program. If you are a student who will not be enrolled at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2014-2015 academic year, please visit the Anita Borg Scholarships Homepage to learn more about our Anita Borg Scholarships around the world.
Please complete the online application which includes:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institution for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Current resume/CV (up to 2 pages)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution (and prior institution if currently in graduate school)
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions
The deadline for scholarship is Monday, February 17, 2014, 17:00 GMT. Apply today!
Questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Anita Borg Scholarships Homepage