2013 Call for Entries
Once again there will be a Student Cinematography Scholarship Award, in addition to a Student Scholarship Award. Each award will include a cash tuition prize along with KODAK Film Product grants to assist recipients with future projects. Participating worldwide colleges and universities that offer a degree or diploma program in film, film production, or cinematography may nominate up to two students each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award and one cinematography student each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Cinematography Scholarship Award. The cinematography student nominee may also be nominated for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award.
KODAK Student Scholarship Award
Student Scholarship applicants will be judged on professional filmmaking potential, academic excellence and the overall quality of the work submitted, with particular attention to expression, interpretation and construction of the visual image.
Deadline: May 17, 2013
KODAK Student Cinematography Scholarship Award
Nominees will be evaluated solely on the quality of their cinematography skills. A world-renowned cinematographer will judge the final selection of Student Cinematography nominees.
Deadline: May 17, 2013
Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion — no clips or short vignettes.
- Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belize, Benelux, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Each institution may nominate up to two students each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award.
- College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2012 – 2013 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2013 – 2014 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- The names of the winners may be published on the website at www.kodak.com/go/motion. Winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Scholarships Program.
- The winners film entry will be screened at the annual UFVA Conference.
If you have additional questions, you may contact your Kodak representative.