In the frame of Košice 2013 – European Capital of Culture the NGO Košice 2013 is running an international Artist-in-Residence program for emerging artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions.
Goals within the residency program:
- Support the creative energy of every invited artist and give her/him the chance to work in a new environment and to find (new) artistic ways of expression
- Stimulate the art scene in Košice, in the region and in whole Slovakia. Support the dialogue as well as the confrontation of the residency artists with local artists and the wide public.
- Create/strengthen a beneficial environment for the development of innovative and international contemporary art projects with international and local participants.
- Three month residency in Kosice, Eastern Slovakia between February and December 2013
- Free accommodation
- Honorary, travelling and material costs provided.
The application must consist of three PDF files
- PDF n°1: Curriculum Vitae
- PDF n°2: Letter of motivation and objectives
- PDF n°3: Portfolio– artist statement and presentation of artworks
Deadline: 20th of August 2012
There is a possibility to apply for Visegrad Artist Residency Program – Visual & Sound Art. This program encourages residency exchange among V4 countries (Czech republic, Poland, Hungary). Send your application for the program before the 10th of September via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org