We are proud to announce a series of £2,000 scholarships for international students studying for certain MSc and MRes programmes within the School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences.
- Biomedical Sciences MSc
- Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences MSc
- Pharmacology MSc
- Bioscience MRes
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences MRes
The criteria for awarding the Huxley scholarships are primarily merit-based.
- Merit does not necessarily have to mean academic merit but could also be interpreted to include outstanding performance in a variety of spheres.
- The strongest candidates will be those demonstrating an understanding of knowledge of the school’s research expertise.
- You will also need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to pay the remainder of the fees.
- Recipients of this award must not hold or expect to hold any other University of Brighton scholarships.
- Successful students will be notified by email and must hold a conditional or unconditional offer to be eligible, see below.
In order to be eligible to apply for a Huxley scholarship you must be a new, full-time international masters degree student with a minimum course duration of one year. Students studying for masters degrees at University of Brighton partner colleges are not eligible for these awards. Existing international students are not eligible unless starting a new masters programme. Students may not always be able to study the project that they highlight in their personal statement as this will depend on the available resources and expertise within the university.
How to apply
For the 2012 academic year, students should indicate in their personal statement that they wish to be considered for a Huxley scholarship when submitting a course application. Students should enclose a small section on the type of research they would like to engage in and to say how their choice of research project fits with the school’s expertise and their career plans (maximum 1000 words). Students should incorporate this section into their personal statement. International students who have already applied for these courses can submit a separate statement to email@example.com.
Recipients of this award must not hold or expect to hold any other University of Brighton scholarships. Successful students will be notified by email and must hold a conditional or unconditional offer to be eligible.
Deadline for application: 31 August 2012
Enquiries and advice
If you have any questions about these scholarships please contact the school office for advice.
- Tel: +44/0 1273 642090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org