Az UNESCO és az Állandó Emlékmű Bizottság pályázatot írt ki a rabszolgaság áldozatai emlékhelyének megtervezésére. A nemzetközi design pályázatra a kiírók 2012. január 23-ig várják a pályamunkákat.
Call for participation – International Competition for a Permanent Memorial to Honour the Victims of Slavery
The theme chosen for the competition is : Acknowledging the Tragedy; Considering the Legacy; Lest We Forget.
Artists, designers, sculptors and other visual arts professionals are invited to submit their proposals by 23 January 2012 (New Date).
The winner’s prize is USD 50,000.
This memorial will assist in fulfilling the international community’s commitment of to honor the victims of slavery, contained in paragraph 101 of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action as adopted in 2001 at the World Conference against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and related Intolerance.
This competition also highlights UNESCO’s concrete contribution to this year 2011, declared by the United Nations as the International Year for People of African Descent.
Please download the relevant documents for participation to the competition:
Contact: The History and Memory for Dialogue Section
- Director General’s call during the 36th General Conference
- Press Conference to launch the Competition and Press Release
- Message from UNESCO’s Director-General on the occasion of the International Day for the Remembrance of Slave Trade and its Abolition (23 August 2011)
- UNESCO’s commitment to the Permanent Memorial initiative
Other useful links:
- Permanent Memorial Official Website
- UN General Assembly Resolution 64/15
- 2011, International Year for People of African Descent
- 10th Anniversary of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action
- Racial Discrimination against People of Afican Descent: General Recommandation n°34 adopted by the CERD