Koreai ösztöndíj program 2013. The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
Deadline: 29 March, 2013.
Eligible Universities and Fields of Study
- Eligible Universities : The 60 listed universities (or institutions) as designated by NIIED
- Applicants (including Korean adoptees) who apply for this program via Korean Embassies must choose 3 desired universities out of the 60 universities listed below.
- Applicants who apply for this program via the designated universities may choose only 1 desired university out of the 60 universities listed below.
- Available Fields of Study : Detailed information about the fields and majors offered by the listed eligible universities can be found in the University Information section on the GKS website (www.studyinkorea.go.kr). Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities.
* Night schools, seasonal programs, broadcasting schools, and cyber-schools (including online distant learning programs) are not eligible for application.
- Available Courses : Master’s programs and Doctoral programs
Main Notes for the 2013 Selection
- Applicants have to apply for this program via either an embassy or a designated university. Overseas Korean adoptees have to apply only via an embassy if their countries are allotted the adoptee quotas.
- The selection process for applicants will proceed in three steps. Firstly, applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy, or a designated university). Secondly, applicants who passed the first round must be selected by the NIIED Selection Committee. Finally, applicants who passed the second round must gain admission from a university.
- Institutions accepting applications: 111 overseas Korean embassies or 60 designated Korean universities.
* Applicants who submit applications to more than one of the aforementioned institutions will be disqualified immediately.
- Selection Procedure
- 1st Selection: Each 1st selection institution will draft a selections standard based on the criteria provisioned by NIIED, and recommend the best applicants according to its respective standards.
- 2nd Selection: The NIIED Selection Committee will select the most successful candidates from the pool of applicants recommended by the 1st selection institutions.
- 3rd Selection: Only the candidates who were recommended by a Korean embassy and passed the
- 2nd selection successfully will be evaluated for admission by the 3 universities to which they applied; each candidate has to gain admission from at least one university.
* Applicants who were recommended by a designated university will automatically be granted admission to the university that recommended them, upon the condition they are selected as a successful candidate in the 2nd Selection. Subsequently, once they pass the mandatory medical examination (when it’s orientation), they will join the ranks of the final successful candidates.
Duration of Scholarship
- Master’s (01.09.2013 ~ 31.08.2016) : 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of Master’s
- Doctoral (01.09.2013 ~ 31.08.2017) : 1 yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral
* (Important) After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration.
* In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level that is higher than 5, he or she is exempted from the Korean language course; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral).
* In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level 6, he or she must be exempted from the Korean language course and must start his/her academic course of Master or Doctoral degree; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral).
- The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenships.
* Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay inKoreafor an extended period of time.
* Applicants must submit the Personal Medical Assessment (included in the application form) when he/she apply for this program, and when it’s orientation, an Official Medical Examination will be done by NIIED. A serious illness (For example, HIV, Drug, etc) will be the main cause of disqualification from the scholarship.
※ The handicapped who satisfy the above are also eligible for the program
※ NOT Eligible: those who are pregnant
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2013 (born after Sep. 1st, 1973).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st, 2013.
- Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
- Applicants who have Korean proficiency or English proficiency may be given preference.
- Applicants who apply for natural science and technology program may be given preference.
- Scholarship Period : same as the period of invitation.
- Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket.
- Monthly Allowance : 900,000 won (KRW) per month.
- Research Allowance : 210,000 won for scholars in the humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance : 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : Full coverage
- Tuitions : All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs : 500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
- Medical Insurance : 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
Deadline of Submission : The date set forth by the 1st Selection Institutions within March 2013
* Deadline for the recommendation of candidates to NIIED by the 1st Selection Institutions is April 12th, 2013.
For further information, please contact :
- 1st Institutions : Refer to The Contact Information of Korean Embassies and Universities in the attachment #8.m KGSP Team, National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
- Address: #205 NIIED, 81 Ewhajang-gil, Jongno-gu,Seoul, 110-810,RepublicofKorea, www.studyinkorea.go.kr
- Korean version: 정부초청외국인장학생 → 공지사항
- English version: Korean Government Scholarship Program → Announcement
- Phone: +82-2-3668-1364, +82-2-3668-1389
- Fax: +82-2-743-4992
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Magyarországi Koreai Kulturális Központ
Cím: 1124 Budapest, Csörsz utca 49-51., Hungary